STATUS: IN STOCK
Keeping it Simple
Small Business Bookkeeping, Cashflow, Tax & VAT
This unique guide explains in detail everything you need to know about small business bookkeeping, self-assessment tax, accounting and VAT.
The latest edition has just been published (May 2012) and is completely up to date.
Part 1 covers bookkeeping and accounting – you’ll discover how to grow your business and save hundreds of pounds in accountancy fees by taking control of your income and expenses.
Part 2 shows you how simple it is to complete a business tax return, using real-life illustrations – after reading this section you’ll have a solid understanding of how your business is taxed.
Part 3 contains an indispenable guide to VAT – how to register, how to fill in your VAT return, how to exploit various concessions and pay less tax.
The new edition also contains a new 30-page section on how to improve cash flow in your business and boost your profits. The author reveals all the tricks you can use to keep the money rolling in, including billing tactics that ensure every invoice gets paid quickly... without upsetting your customers! This section is essential reading in the current economic climate.
Keeping it Simple is recommended reading for:
- Anyone looking to take the hard work out of small business finances.
- Those who have just started a business or are thinking about starting a business.
- Sole traders looking for a plain-English guide to completing their business tax return.
- Anyone seeking a step by step, no-nonsense guide to VAT.
- Any businesses getting close to the VAT registration threshold.
- Any businesses considering the advantages and disadvantages of voluntary VAT registration.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
One of the great things about this guide is its incredibly straightforward approach. You will find out everything you need to know about small business accounting, self-assessment and VAT within a few hours. It contains many practical tips and examples which will make your business accounting easier than ever. Subjects covered include:
- All the very latest tax changes from the Budget.
- The best way to keep track of your business income and expenses, using simple spreadsheets.
- How these spreadsheets can be used to generate useful information that will help make your business more profitable.
- An illustrated guide to easily and accurately completing your business tax return.
- A comprehensive list of any expenses you can claim against your tax bill.
- A plain-English, no-nonsense guide to VAT including how to complete your VAT return.
- A detailed look at the VAT Flat Rate Scheme.
- Other VAT schemes that will save you time and money.
- Guidance on choosing a reliable accountant or bookkeeper without incurring excessive fees.
- Guidance on choosing the best business accounting software.
- How to send out invoices that get paid on time and keep track of any outstanding invoices.
- What records you should keep to make sure the taxman stays happy.
- How to efficiently manage your business stock.
- How to recover VAT on overseas purchases and when travelling abroad.
- How to effectively manage your first employee including PAYE, contracts etc.
What You Will Receive
- A professionally printed book.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, sent immediately to your inbox. This means you can start saving tax straight away!
- A FREE copy of How to Save Tax, our comprehensive general tax guide, emailed immediately. Click here for more information.
- Cheap Postage - Our postage and packaging charge is just £2.95 no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day using Royal Mail.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system.