STATUS: IN STOCK
Selling Your Business
How to Pay the Minimum Tax and Boost Your Profits
When selling any business, careful tax planning is required. With the right planning you can greatly reduce your capital gains tax and income tax bills, in some cases even to zero. However, getting it wrong could cost you a fortune in unnecessary tax.
This unique and recently updated guide to selling your business tells you everything you need to know about paying less tax and maximizing your profits.
It is essential reading for anyone selling a company or sole trader business.
Even if you have a good accountant you should read this tax guide if you're selling your business - it contains lots of interesting new tax saving ideas and highlights various dangers and traps to avoid.
The latest edition has just been published (May 2012) and is completely up to date.
What Information is Contained in the Guide?
Selling Your Business is written in plain English and packed full of examples and tax planning tips. The guide covers the following key tax issues for anyone selling a business:
- All the very latest tax changes from the Budget.
- How the new capital gains tax rules affect those selling a business.
- How to increase your CGT savings.
- Everything you need to know about Entrepreneurs Relief: how to safeguard it and ensure your profits are taxed at less than 10%.
- How to make use of Gift Relief, EIS Relief and Business Property Relief (BPR).
- The tax benefits of share exchanges over cash sales.
- Things you should consider before selling: extracting cash and assets, termination payments etc.
- How to make use of 'earn outs', 'hive ups', conditional contracts, and options.
- Detailed look at the benefits and drawbacks of selling the company's assets instead of your shares.
- How to allocate the proceeds from the sale to reduce capital gains tax and maximise your capital allowances.
- Benefits and drawbacks of transferring assets to your spouse.
- How to make the most of trading losses and capital losses on assets.
- How to make sure the transaction is outside the scope of VAT.
- The pros and cons of emigrating to avoid tax.
- Pros and cons of incorporating a sole trader business before sale.
- Tax saving action plan for anyone selling a business.
What You Will Receive
- A professionally printed book.
- A FREE optional PDF copy of the guide, sent immediately to your inbox. This means you can start saving tax straight away!
- A FREE copy of How to Save Tax, our comprehensive general tax guide, emailed immediately. Click here for more information.
- Cheap Postage - Our postage and packaging charge is just £1.95 no matter how many guides you buy. Orders are dispatched same day using Royal Mail.
- Buy with Confidence - Taxcafe uses Worldpay's renowned secure payment system.